Sunday, June 3, 2012

My Major

     I was just informed by UCSD that I have been moved from 2nd choice major (undeclared), into my first choice major, biology!! When I first applied, biology was considered an impacted major because so many people had applied for it and it was over flowing with requests. It looks like space as finally opened up and now I'M IN!! :)

     So if you don't get into your first choice major for whatever reason, don't give up!! These things have a way of working themselves out in the end :)

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I chose Biology as my first choice major. Do you think my chances of getting into UCSD will be greater if I major as undeclared or choose something else like Biochemistry?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry it took me so long to get back to this.

      I'm not gonna lie, Bio and BioChem are usually both very highly impacted majors. If you do choose to apply under one of these majors I would sign up for Undeclared as your 2nd choice or alternate major. I recently just changed my major from General Biology to Marine Biology and the process couldn't have been any easier. I say, go for it! But have undeclared as your back up.

      Delete
  2. My daughter has got her admission (2014 fall . ) but the Warren college has accepted her under undeclared major . She was keen to do CES or ECE as her major . How should she go about ? Being an international student not much aware of the system .

    ReplyDelete